The Business Breakfast meeting on Promoting Good Governance in the Provision of Water and Sanitation Services: Challnges, Gaps and Opportunities was a success. Here is a summary of some of the outcomes from the meeting.
- We should all take responsibility for our water resources.
- We should engage in activities that will facilitate restoration of our river systems.
- Everyone’s involvement and participation is of paramount importance especially in reducing the levels of pollution.
- There are various open forums like the Upper Swakop Basin Committee where we can all be involved.
- The City of Windhoek also has various such open platforms were one can participate and get involved in the change process.
- The Anti Corruption Commission is committed to working with authorities by providing support and facilitate integrity and accountability in decision making processes to ensure services are provided in a transparent manner.
Presentations were made by
- Mr Godfrey Pazvakavambwa – Namibia Water Cooperation
- Mr Johan de Vos – City of Windhoek
- Dr Johannes Heeb – Centre for Water Manangement Services
Visit our Facebook page for more pictures