Training took place from 19-24 March with two Northern Local Authorities ( Oshakati and Oshikuku).
The training was conducted by Dr Johaness Heeb from cewas, in partnership with DRFN. Staff members from the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC), from Windhoek, Otjiwarongo and Swakopmund were also present. The DRFN has partnered up with the ACC to implement this toolbox in other areas where the ACC is working, and this is why ACC were part of this training (to learn to facilitate the toolbox).
The aim of the training was implement the water integrity toolbox.
The water integrity toolbox is a 6 step process:
- Step 1: Awareness Raising and Introduction to the Integrity Management toolbox
- Step 2: Description of the Business Model
- Step 3: Mapping of the Integrity-related Sectors
- Step 4: Identification and prioritisation of Integrity Risks
- Step 5: Selection of Integrity Instruments and Development of Integrity-improved Business Model
- Step 6: Development of a Road Map
Way forward: the two Local authorities to prioritize and implement the instruments identified in the road map. Follow up meetings by the DRFN team to take place in the following months.